A financial institution that is authorised in another EEA State may conduct financial activities in Sweden if it is within the scope of a relevant EU Single Market Directive. In order to do so, the institution must first contact its home-state regulator which will notify Finansinspektionen.

When operating in Sweden, a financial institution also needs to comply with national rules. Please refer to Cross-border Services in Sweden.

Please note that there are specific rules for notifications of UCITS.

Financial institutions that are authorised in a country outside the EEA must apply for authorisation from FI in order to be able to conduct financial activities in Sweden.

Last reviewed: 2018-08-29
Laddar sidan