FI works with educational projects related to financial matters. These projects include information and educational initiatives that target groups of all ages and life situations.
FI works closely with the Swedish Pensions Agency, the Swedish Consumer Agency, the Swedish Enforcement Authority, the Swedish Consumers' Banking and Finance Bureau and the Swedish Consumers Insurance Bureau.
FI is a partner in the following educational projects:
- Upper primary school - Pengalabbet is a an app about day-to-day finances
- Secondary - Livet och pengarna (Life and money), personal finances
- Upper secondary - Koll på cashen (Keep Your Cash), personal finances and Ung Privatekonomi (Youth Personal Finances) on personal finances and saving
- Post-secondary - Pensionskunskap (Understanding Pensions) for students studying HR and economics
- Young adults - Ekonomismart (Money Smart), personal finances
- Working professionals - Trygga din ekonomiska framtid (Protect Your Financial Future), personal finances for working professionals and Pensioner & försäkringar (Pensions & insurance) for insurance officers
- Seniors - Tryggare ekonomi på äldre dar (Secure your finances in old age), personal finances and family law for pensioners
- New arrivals in Sweden - SFI-ekonomi (SFI Finance), personal finances as part of language classes for new arrivals, and Våga prata pengar (Dare to Talk About Money), an educational initiative in personal finances for people interacting with new arrivals
Cooperation with Gilla Din Ekonomi (Like Your Finances)
Gilla Din Ekonomi is a nationwide network for educational initiatives related to personal finances. The network consists of authorities, organisations and financial firms. Gilla Din Ekonomi's objective is to improve consumers' understanding of their personal finances by sharing knowledge through various informational and education projects. This is achieved primarily through educational initiatives where Gilla Din Ekonomi trains instructors who can spread the knowledge to others. These instructors in turn are expected to train or inform others, so the knowledge continues to spread.
FI is an active member of the national Gilla Din Ekonomi network and sits on the network's program board. FI is responsible for the network's administration and communication and thus has a coordinating role in Gilla Din Ekonomi.